HURRY! GRADE LEVELS FILLING UP FAST! Contact us for availability in your student’s grade level today!
Get More from your Independent Study Experience
Quality Learning Options
- Choose the program that is best for supporting your child's scholastic success
- Teach your children at home, online, or in person (Montessori option)
- Take advantage of parent-driven enrichment classes and our extensive vendor list
Strong Partnerships & Support
- Free, publicly-funded charter school with no tuition fees
- Strong partnering with a credentialed Supervising Teacher to ensure your child's needs are being met
- Parent Educator Mentors to help provide you support with strategies, trainings, and enrichment opportunities
- Get help teaching specific subjects and working with different learning styles
- Connect with other families for study trips, meet-ups, small group classes and enrichment events
- Benefit from our nearly 30-year history, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation, and our A-G approved courses for CSU/UC eligibility
Online Enrollment Now Open
For more information about the enrollment process:
- Download our enrollment application instructions
- Visit our FAQ page
- For our Independent Study Programs:
- For our In-Person Instruction at our Lincoln Montessori Campus (LMCC):
We look forward to meeting you & your family!
Horizon Charter Schools is WASC accredited through June 30, 2024, certifying that the school is a trustworthy institution, validating the integrity of Horizon’s educational programs, and fulfilling a requirement as a CSU/UC approved school for A-G courses. Learn more about WASC.
Latest Independent Study News
What People Are Saying
Real thoughts about our charter experience.
Serving the Greater Sacramento region: Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Nevada, Sutter, and Yuba Counties.