Get More from Your Home Schooling Experience
- Choose your curricula and when, where and how your children learn
- Teach your kids at home, online, in small group classes or a combination
- Take advantage of parent-driven enrichment classes and our extensive vendor list
- Free, publicly-funded charter school with no tuition fees
- Receive ample student funds for supplies, study trips and enrichment classes -- $2,600 per elementary student and $2,800 per high school student
- Rely on a credentialed Supervising Teacher to ensure your needs are being met
- Get help teaching specific subjects and working with different learning styles
- Connect with other families for study trips, meet-ups, small group classes and events
- Benefit from our 24-year history, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation, and our A-G approved courses for CSU/UC eligibility
Please fill out the form below and someone will contact you by the next business day.
Serving the greater Sacramento region: Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Nevada, Sutter, and Yuba Counties.
Latest Home School News
May 7, 2018
April 30, 2018
April 26, 2018
April 20, 2018
What People Are Saying
Real thoughts about our charter experience.
Our daughter, Hannah, is in 10th grade and has been attending Horizon since 5th grade. Hanna's goal is to become a professional rider and trainer, competing at the Grand Prix level. Attending Horizon has allowed her to be able to maintain a rigorous riding and training schedule that a traditional school schedule would not allow.
Grandparent of Horizon Student
We appreciate how thoughtful, caring, and responsive the teachers and staff are at Horizon and it has meant so much to us to have that support...Your caring and patience reflect how much your top priority is for students to learn. Once again, thank you! We have been very happy with Horizon Charter and the attention the teachers give their students. I want you to know how much you, especially, are appreciated for your expertise and awesome student rapport.
My child is at the Auburn location and we have had nothing but a great experience. He is a child with special needs, and IEP and everything has been accommodated that he needed. When there has been a problem the teachers have been more than happy to talk with me and adjust what needed to be adjusted. My son will be graduating early with AP courses and doing dual enrollment at Sierra College next year his Junior year. We have experienced public school system and another charter and by far Horizon has been the best experience for us. He has become more social, self-confident, and a happier student at Horizon.
Enjoying that WE choose what our children learn, HOW they learn it and WHEN. HCS allows us the flexibility to tailor our kids education to fit their needs.
Couldn't of asked for a better school to go through in my younger years. Really helpful and pushed me to my limits with still enjoying school.