Get More from Your Home Schooling Experience
- Choose your curricula and when, where and how your children learn
- Take advantage of parent-driven enrichment classes and our extensive vendor list
- Teach your kids at home, online, in small group classes or a combination
- Free, publicly-funded charter school with no tuition fees
- Receive more funds for supplies, study trips and enrichment classes -- $2,600 per elementary student and $2,800 per high school student
- Rely on a credentialed Supervising Teacher to ensure your needs are being met
- Get help teaching specific subjects and working with different learning styles
- Connect with other families for study trips, meet-ups, small group classes and events
- Benefit from our 24-year history, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation, and our A-G approved courses for CSU/UC eligibility.
Please fill out the form below and someone will contact you by the next business day.
Latest Home School News
March 20, 2017
March 15, 2017
February 8, 2017
January 11, 2017
What People Are Saying
Real thoughts about our charter experience.
Grandparent of Horizon Student
We appreciate how thoughtful, caring, and responsive the teachers and staff are at Horizon and it has meant so much to us to have that support...Your caring and patience reflect how much your top priority is for students to learn. Once again, thank you! We have been very happy with Horizon Charter and the attention the teachers give their students. I want you to know how much you, especially, are appreciated for your expertise and awesome student rapport.
My child is at the Auburn location and we have had nothing but a great experience. He is a child with special needs, and IEP and everything has been accommodated that he needed. When there has been a problem the teachers have been more than happy to talk with me and adjust what needed to be adjusted. My son will be graduating early with AP courses and doing dual enrollment at Sierra College next year his Junior year. We have experienced public school system and another charter and by far Horizon has been the best experience for us. He has become more social, self-confident, and a happier student at Horizon.
Enjoying that WE choose what our children learn, HOW they learn it and WHEN. HCS allows us the flexibility to tailor our kids education to fit their needs.
Couldn't of asked for a better school to go through in my younger years. Really helpful and pushed me to my limits with still enjoying school.
I am happy to say that Horizons was a perfect choice for getting my 6th grader ready for public school. He had several bad experiences, including teacher bullying, and his teacher at Horizons made him feel comfortable and gave him faith in teachers once again. He graduated his program at a high level and had his self esteem returned. He went on, prepared for public school for his 7-10th grade.For those who experienced a poor teacher in Horizons, I urge you to ask for another teacher. I am re-enrolling my son for his Junior and Senior year at Horizons again, because it seems to be the best choice for our son and our family situation.