Horizon Charter Schools Education Foundation Holds 2nd Annual Art Contest
Horizon Charter Schools students of all ages are invited to enter HCS Education Foundation’s art contest. All it takes is a little creativity and imagination and a whole lot of fun!
This year’s themes are:
- Who is Your Super Hero?
- Once Upon A Time…
All artwork will proudly be displayed in the halls of the District Office.
Prizes and Awards
- Prizes will be awarded by grade-level categories. Prizes in each category include:
- First Place: $40 Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
- Second Place: $30 Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
- Third Place: $20 Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
- Honorable Mention: $10 Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- Winners will be notified by Friday, April 6, 2018.
- Awards will be presented at the Horizon Charter Schools Governing Board meeting on Thursday, April 19, 2018.
- One entry per student.
- Entries must follow contest themes.
- All artwork must be original ideas and created entirely by the student. Any artwork that depicts copyrighted images will be disqualified.
- Original art must be hand drawn or painted – NO digital artwork allowed.
- Artwork must be created on poster board, paper or canvas.
- Medium can be: oil, watercolor, pastels, acrylic, pencils, or crayons.
- Artwork must be no smaller than 8” x 10” and no larger than 26” x 39”.
- Do not fold artwork.
- Students are encouraged to sign the front of their artwork.
How to Enter:
- Artwork must be received by Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 4pm at Horizon Charter Schools’ District Office at 2800 Nicolaus Road in Lincoln.
- Artwork can be mailed to Horizon Charter Schools District Office at PO Box 489000, Lincoln, CA 95648. Mailed entries must be postmarked by March 1, 2018.
- Student’s contact information must be on the BACK of the artwork. Information must include: student’s name, grade level, phone number and current address.
- Original artwork must be submitted. Artwork will not be returned to students. Students should take a copy or a photo of their artwork if they want one for themselves.
- A panel of judges will review entries by category.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Artwork will be grouped into the following grade level categories: TK-1, 2-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12.
If you have questions or want more information, please email the Foundation at HCSEFoundation@hcs.k12.ca.us.