May Family Workshops Provide Literacy, Math, Science, and Art Strategies
Tuesday, May 1 — 10:00 a.m. — Elk Grove Learning Center
3161 Dwight Road, Elk Grove
Wednesday, May 2 — 3:00 p.m. — El Dorado Hills
Raley’s Supermarket Community Room, 3935 Park Drive, El Dorado Hills
Thursday, May 3 — 1:45 p.m. — Roseville Learning Center
911 Reserve Drive, Roseville
Join me, Kathleen Waffle, Horizon Charter Schools’ Family Educator, at one of our final interactive family workshops of the 2017-18 school year.
I call this series “The 5 Ps — Projects, Poetry, Pop-ups, Puzzles, and Puppets.” It’s one of our most popular workshop series because each participant will learn how to make fun projects that foster summer literacy, math sense, science savvy, and creativity. Complete instructions and patters will be provided.
The workshops take place in Elk Grove, El Dorado Hill and Roseville. Workshops are open to all Horizon Charter Schools’ families. Children are encouraged to attend with their parent(s).
These hands-on family workshops are designed to:
- Learn a variety of techniques to create puppets
- Build 3-D math figures
- Create a jigsaw or stick puzzle and share with a friend or sibling
- Learn to make new foldables to apply to your learning
- Network with other homeschool families
- Integrate all subjects
- Increase your child’s comprehension by creating projects, poetry, puzzles, pop-ups, puppets and a plethora of hands-on activities
- Try your hand and/or brain at mathematical logic problems or multi-step foldables
- Solve math mysteries
- Build 3-D projects including: an origami cube, box, platonic solids, icosahedron, and octahedron
- Design an build Agamographs to integrate art and math
- Build a straw bridge or prototype for a new invention
- Create flexagons, tessellations and many, many more fun projects
- Design a collage background for an original poem
Horizon families are encouraged to register for our 5 Ps Workshop so we can make sure we have enough supplies for all attendees. Drop ins are also welcome.
Contact me if you have any questions or need more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope to see you soon!