Please join me, Kathleen Waffle, Horizon Charter Schools’ Parent Educator, for an upcoming “Writing Workshop.” These are great workshops to help home study and independent study students and their parent teachers prepare for the upcoming district WPA (Writing Performance Assessment) as well as other argument/opinion writing assignments.
We have two workshop scheduled for the month of January:
Jan. 18th in El Dorado Hills
Jan. 20th in Roseville
Workshops focus on:
- Opinion and argument writing grades K-8
- Using text evidence
- Templates for recording evidence
- Signal words to support argument/opinion writing
- Opinion/argument language frames
- Writing process for argument/opinion writing
- Writing prompts and rubrics for opinion/argument
Activities include creating simple books for taking notes:
- Chevron cut books
- Simple bound books
Workshops are for both parents and students. For more information or to sign up for a workshop, visit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdMplPa1mVDph9cE2_otqYC3ImEPBU1hVym4OUJDRrTp9jEkg/viewform?c=0&w=1.