Our Last SOAR with the Eagles Event Takes Place May 10
As the weather heats up and the kids start looking forward to summer vacation, we’re getting ready for our final SOAR with the Horizon Eagles event of the school year. There will be plenty of hands-on activities for children ages 4-12, and a plethora of resources for parents as the summer months approach.
Who Should Attend?
The event is perfect for families in the Greater Sacramento Region with young children, especially:
- Families interested in learning more about homeschooling, Montessori, independent study or virtual learning with Horizon Charter Schools
- Current Horizon Charter Schools families
- Families that want to try some amazing local businesses offering fun and educational classes and summer camps for kids
Please keep in mind, children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Date, Time and Location for this FREE Afternoon
This absolutely FREE, family afternoon takes place Friday, May 10, from 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Westfield’s Galleria at Roseville, 1151 Galleria Boulevard. You’ll find us inside the nice, cool mall on Level 1 directly in front of JCPenney.
Hands-On Fun and Educational Activities for Children Ages 4-12
You and your children will enjoy great activities with several of our educational partners, including:
- Creating a springtime craft with Creative V Crafts
- Playing Soduku and creating instant poetry with Home Tutoring Plus
- Exploring Sensory Bins with We Rock the Spectrum Kids Gym
- Making butter with On the Go Academy
- Experience virtual reality and play a giant game of Connect 4 with Makers XD / Hacker Lab
- Playing corn hole and participating in a mini martial arts lesson with Joslin’s Martial Arts
- Practicing your target skills with Nerf games from Hands In Motion Homsechool
- Completing a Lego Logic Puzzle for a chance to win a prize from Absolute Mathematics
- Playing a tossing game and bowling with Strikes Unlimited
- Reinforcing swim facts using a fun coloring activity with Splash the Dolphin and Wallen Swim
- Making visors and exploring some of the curriculum available from Lakeshore Learning
- Playing rhythm cups with Ruscica Music
- Learning Lego robotics with The Serendipity Center
- Practicing self-defense techniques with the experts from Kovars in Roseville and Granite Bay
- Planting wildflower seeds and spin a prize wheel with Horizon Charter Schools
- And other fun activities with Precision Dance Center, Sombrero Time, The Music Store, Sacramento Spark, and Bach to Rock.
Please Keep in Mind
- Activities are best suited for children 4-12 years of age
- Children MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times
Just What Are Educational Partners?
With 25 years of experience, Horizon knows a big part of the learning process is exploring new areas of interest and gaining social skills. To facilitate this for our families, we have spent years developing relationships with local businesses that offer core, enrichment and elective classes, activities and supplies. These select, local businesses are our “educational partners.”
Horizon families can use their student funds to enroll in private or group instruction with approved vendors. Courses include: martial arts, music, horseback riding, dance, robotics, driver training, visual arts, foreign languages, individual and team sports, sewing, cheer, and many, many more elective and enrichment courses, as well as core classes and tutoring for academic subjects. Visit our Enrichment and Electives page to learn more about these types of classes.
Families can also purchase curriculum materials and supplies through our educational partners. Using one of Horizon’s approved vendors guarantees the company has been vetted by Horizon Charter Schools and used by many of our homeschool, independent study and virtual learning families. Plus, you can use student funds to pay for supplies, so there are no out-of-pocket expenses.
Our extensive list of vendors is parent-driven. If your child wants to take a class through a local business that is not on our list or if you have a favorite supplier for course materials, just ask us to add them. Our staff will work with the business to create a working relationship whenever possible.
Find Out More About Horizon Charter Schools
Established in 1993, Horizon Charter Schools is the region’s oldest free, public, K-12 charter schools — the 15th in the state! We’re also one of the most innovative. We offer multiple learning options and more robust support for parents and students than other local charter schools.
Surf our website to learn more about what Horizon Charter Schools has to offer. Better yet, come to our event Friday, March 15 at the Galleria at Roseville and find out for yourself why homeschooling or independent study or Montessori through Horizon Charter Schools is one of the best decisions you can make for your child.