We’re Hiring! Immediate Full and Part Time Positions Available
Horizon Charter Schools is hiring! We have immediate openings for the following positions:
- Full Time Instructional Secretary
- Full Time Administrative Support II
- 3 Part Time Instructional Aides (Grant Funded)
- Part Time COVID-19 Monitor
Application deadline for each position is Friday, July 16, 2021.
Why Work for Horizon
When you work for Horizon, you truly make a difference in children’s lives.
Horizon Charter Schools is one of the region’s oldest and largest public charter schools and one of the most innovative. We offer multiple learning options and more support for parents and students than most other charter schools. Each and every day our team helps families provide a quality education for their children in a safe, homeschool setting or through our personalized site-based Montessori school.
As a public charter, we offer competitive pay and great benefits, including paying a portion of Classified staff’s medical, dental, and vision insurance policies. We also offer life insurance and PERS retirement. Full-Time Classified earn up to 80 hours of sick leave for a fiscal year and 14 paid holidays. Vacation pay shall be pro-rated from the date of hire for the actual number of contracted days. Classified staff are part of the HCSCA Bargaining Unit.
Job Descriptions and Hiring Information
Full time Instructional Program Secretary
- Responsible for the preparation, maintenance, and processing of school and student records
- Perform a variety of office support functions for an assigned school and/or educational program
- Serve as receptionist, receiving visitors and answering telephones
- Monitor and assist students in office for illness or discipline
- Receive and respond to requests from staff and the
- Monitor visitors
- Processe and maintain assigned operational and school office
- Process forms, applications, documents, records, and other paperwork in support of school functions and programs
- Orient substitute teachers and classified staff to a school site
Successful candidates must hold a typing certificate issued within the last two years for 55wpm. This position works in our Lincoln District Office.
For full job description and to apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1430246
Full Time Administrative Support II
- Meet and interact with employees and the public in routine situations
- Perform a wide variety of secretarial and clerical duties for the administration
- Develop a rapport and an effective working relationship with department staff and other Horizon department personnel
- Serve as an information liaison between supervisors, Supervising Teachers, other employees, school districts, and the general public
- Take and screen calls and schedule appointments for Administration
Successful candidates must be highly proficient, professional and accurate in their duties. This position works in our Lincoln District Office.
For full job description and to apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1430242
Part Time Instructional Aide
We have opening for 3 part time instructional aides to perform supportive instructional and clerical duties and related assignments at our First Street, Lincoln location. Instructional Aides will work 5 hours per day/5 days per week. These positions are grant funded.
- Work with small groups of students in specialized curriculum and/or interventions to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher
- Assist individual children in need of special attention
- Maintain proper level of small and large group control in classroom and on the school grounds
- Assist teacher with non-instructional classroom duties
- Conduct and/or assist with physical fitness program
- Assist students in the library media center
- Participate in in-service training programs
- Assist in preparing class and bulletin board displays and classroom activities
- Assist teacher in duties relating to the supervision of school activities, inside and outside of the classroom, and on field trips
- Serve as a source of information and help in the absence of the regular teacher
For full job description and to apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1430249
Part Time COVID-19 Monitor
- Conduct required COVID-19 symptom checks
- Assist in assuring the safety of persons; monitor activities, and assure compliance with safety procedures
- Assist in assuring the safe entering and exiting of persons at the location
- Support in emergencies according to established guidelines
- Administer basic first aid as needed.
- Communicate with personnel and others concerning student needs
- Assist with wiping down and disinfecting items regularly to maintain cleanliness standards
- Maintain routine records related to assigned activities
Candidates must possess a valid First Aide Certificate. This position works in our Lincoln District Office.
For full job description and to apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1430625