Annual Event Open to All High School Students in Greater Sacramento Area
February 28 • 3-6pm • Maidu Community Center in Roseville
Colleges, universities, career and trade schools, military services, and a variety of businesses and other organizations from around the country will be on hand at Horizon Charter Schools’ (HCS) annual College and Career Fair. This is an excellent opportunity for high school students and their parents to learn more about their options after graduation.
This community event is open to all high school students and their parents in the Greater Sacramento region, whether or not they are enrolled at Horizon Charter Schools. It’s free to attend and no registration is required.
Horizon’s College and Career Fair takes place at Maidu Community Center, located at 1550 Maidu Drive in Roseville, on Thursday, February 28 from 3-6pm.
Horizon Charter Schools’ knowledgeable and experienced Guidance Counselors will be available throughout the event to answer questions and provide college and career recommendations. Information about Horizon’s Career Technical Education (CTE) Pathways will also be provided.
Presentations Assist Students in Preparing for Their Futures
In addition to chatting with representatives from a huge selection of colleges, universities, schools, businesses, and organizations, students and their parents can attend presentations by several experts to help prepare for their chosen path. Scheduled presentations include:
3:00pm — 21st Century Skills Overview presented by New World of Work
3:30pm — Preparing for CSU presented by Sacramento State, Center for College & Career Readiness
4:00pm — Financial Aid presented by California Student Aid Commission
4:30pm — Part-time Military Options During and After High School presented by California Air National Guard
5:00pm — Importance of Career Education presented by Folsom Lake College Career Education Outreach Department
5:30pm — SAT/ACT Prep presented by Study Smart Tutors
Meet Representatives from Colleges, Universities, Trade Schools, Military, and More!
Over 60 organizations have already signed up to attend HCS’ College and Career Fair. Representatives will provide information about their schools or organizations as well as answer any questions you may have.
The list of attendees includes:
- Academy of Art University San Francisco
- Air Force Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
- American River College
- American River College — Career Education
- Antioch College
- Army Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
- Blue Mountain Construction Services
- California Air National Guard
- California State East Bay
- California State Parks
- California Student Aid Commission
- Charles A. Jones Career & Ed Center
- Chico State University
- Cogswell College
- The College Planning Center
- Cosumnes River College
- Cosumnes River College — Auto Tech
- Cottey College
- Drexel University
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Folsom Lake College
- Folsom Lake College — Career Education
- Grand Canyon University
- Hoss Lee Academy
- Maryville University
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Menlo College
- MTI College
- National University
- New World of Work
- North State Building Industry Foundation
- Pacific Union College
- Paul Mitchell The School Sacramento
- Principal Financial
- Roseville Fire Department
- Sacramento City College — Allied Health
- Sacramento State University
- Sierra College
- Sonoma State University
- Stanford University
- Study Smart Tutors
- University of California San Diego
- Universal Technical Institute (UTI)
- University of Alabama
- University of Oklahoma
- University of the Pacific
- University of San Francisco
- US Army
- US Marines
- US Navy
- Utah State University
- Verto Education
- Washington State University
- William Jessup University
- Yellow Circle
Please check back as our list of attendees changes regularly.
Make sure to mark your calendar for Thursday, February 28 at 3pm and join us at Maidu Community Center in Roseville for Horizon Charter Schools’ annual College and Career Fair. You won’t want to miss it!
Celebrating 25 Years of Helping Homeschool Families Succeed
As the region’s oldest, free, public, K-12 charter school, Horizon knows what it takes to help home study families succeed. A WASC accredited school, we provide a variety of learning options — from homeschooling, independent study and virtual learning to a Learning Center and Montessori, plus enrichment classes including: driver’s training, martial arts, gymnastics, dance, drama, art, engineering, music, horsemanship, and more!
For high school students, Horizon offers core and elective classes and other traditional high school programs, including:
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- A-G approved courses for CSU/UC eligibility
- Dual enrollment at local community colleges
- California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
- California Junior Scholarship Federation (CJSF)
- A Career Technical Education (CTE) program
- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Career Exploration Program
Our robust support model includes experienced supervising teachers who meet with families on a regular basis to answer questions and make sure they are on track as well as guidance counselors to help with everything from preparing for high school, college or a career to work permits, financial aid, and testing.
We also provide plenty of social interaction with peers via classes, study trips and even a senior gala and graduation activities. Horizon provides ample student funds, so you can truly choose how your child learns.
Enroll by February 28 and Start Right Away!
We are currently accepting enrollment for kindergarten – 12th grades for the 2018-2019 school year. But hurry — enrollment for this year ends February 28.
To enroll, simply visit our Enroll Now page. To learn more about what Horizon Charter Schools has to offer, review our website, submit a contact form, or give us a call at 916-408-5200. We look forward to hearing from you soon!