Make plans to attend SOAR with the Horizon Eagles THIS Friday
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to homeschool you children, or are a current Horizon Charter Schools family but haven’t taken advantage of the great classes available for students, or just want to try some local businesses that offer fun and educational classes for kids, you should plan to attend this amazing event.
SOAR with the Horizon Eagles takes place Friday, April 13 from 4-7pm at Westfield’s Galleria at Roseville. The event will be held inside the mall on Level 1 in front of JCPenney. The Galleria at Roseville is located at 1151 Galleria Blvd. in Roseville.
The event is completely free and open to all Horizon Charter School families, their friends and relations, and the local community.
Horizon’s Education Partners Planning Lots of Hands-On Fun
We’re so excited about all of the awesome stuff our educational partners have planned for families that we can hardly wait! Here are just some of the fun activities we have in store for kids ages 4-12:
- Building and escaping a geodesic dome with Camp EDMO
- Explore virtual reality with Sac Makers
- Learning about horses with a fun coloring activity from Sugar Ditch Stables
- Making felt pencil holders with Miss Kitty’s Sewing School
- Experiencing electricity with Mad Science
- Create poetry instantly using coloring and word prompts with Home Tutoring Plus
- Playing a corn hole game with Sunrise Recreation and Parks
- Practicing coordination using Nerf targets with Hands in Motion
- Creating a hand-crafted paper tree with Creative Arts and Music
- Learning about water safety with a coloring activity and word searches from Steve Wallen Swim School
- Testing balancing skills on balance boards and playing with bean bags with Byers Gymnastics Center
- Writing funny stories, doing a word puzzle and making bookmarks with Writing with Kris
- Game coding and Lego robotics with Academy Learning Centers
- Playing ukuleles with The Music Store Rocklin
- Creating your own Eiffel Tower with Education Française de Sacramento
- Playing soccer with EMH Sports
- Learning to play piano with Learn Piano Live
- Planting wildflower seeds with Horizon Charter Schools
- Making paper puppets with Kathleen Waffle, Horizon’s Parent Educator
- Spinning our prize wheel to win some awesome Horizon swag
What is an “educational partner” anyway?
Part of the learning process is exploring new areas of interest and gaining social skills. To help facilitate this for our families, Horizon Charter Schools has spent years developing relationships with businesses that offer enrichment and elective courses. These select, local businesses are our “educational partners.”
Horizon families can use their student funds to enroll in private or group instruction with approved vendors. Courses include: martial arts, music, horseback riding, dance, robotics, driver training, visual arts, foreign languages, individual and team sports, sewing, cheer, and many, many more elective and enrichment courses, as well as core classes and tutoring for academic subjects. Visit our Enrichment and Electives page to learn more about these types of classes.
Families can also purchase curriculum materials and supplies through our educational partners. Using one of Horizon’s approved vendors guarantees you can use student funds to pay for supplies, so there are no out-of-pocket expenses. It also means the company has been vetted by Horizon Charter Schools and used by many other homeschooling families.
Our extensive list of approved vendors is parent-driven, so you can use any of our partners with confidence knowing other homeschooling families use them, and the instructors understand the special needs of the home study community.
If your child wants to take a class through a local business that is not on our list or if you have a favorite supplier for course materials, just ask us to add them. Our staff will work with the business to create a working relationship whenever possible.
About Horizon Charter Schools
Established in 1993, Horizon Charter Schools is one of California’s oldest public charter schools. We’re also one of the most innovative. We offer multiple learning options and more support for parents and students than most other charter schools.
Surf our website to learn more about our school. Better yet, come to our event Friday, April 13 at the Galleria at Roseville and find out first-hand why homeschooling or independent study through Horizon Charter Schools is one of the best decisions you can make for your child.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Please keep in mind
Activities are best suited for children 4-12 years of age. An adult must accompany children at all times.