Horizon Charter Schools’ Guidance Department Holds Video/Essay Contest
February is Career Awareness Month. To get students thinking about their future, Horizon’s Guidance Department is holding a video/essay contest for all HCS students.
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries. The first place winner will receive a $25 gift card; 2nd and 3rd place winners will each receive a $15 gift card. The top 3 submissions will be featured on the school’s website and highlighted in social media.
Entering is easy!
- CREATE: Describe your ideal career in a video or written essay.
- LENGTH: Videos must be a minimum of 1 minute but no longer than 5 minutes in length. Essays must be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,000 words.
- FORMAT: Videos need to be created in a standard video format (like mp4 or MOV) and uploaded to YouTube. Essays can be in any standard text format (e.g., Word, txt).
- SUBMIT: Email submissions to Horizon’s Guidance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. For videos, please send just a link to the YouTube video. Written essays can be attached to the email or copied into the email body.
- DEADLINE: The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at noon. Winners will be announced in March.
- Complete contest rules can be found here.
Here are some prompts to help get your creative juices flowing:
- What attracts or interests you about this particular line of work?
- What do you envision yourself doing in this position?
- What level of education is required to obtain an entry-level position in this field?
- What steps can you take next to prepare for this career path?
Please contact Horizon Charter Schools’ Counselor Gabe Robert with any questions at 916-408-5200×5133 or email@example.com.
For college and career information, email Horizon’s Guidance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-408-5200. Additional college and career information and resources can be found at www.californiacolleges.edu.
If student is under age 18, submitting an entry ensures permission has been granted by student’s parent or legal guardian and permission is given for Horizon Charter Schools to publish the student’s video or essay in whole or in part on HCS’ website and social media channels. HCS is not responsible for any delay, distortion, cropping, omission, etc. that may occur to entry as a result of uploading to YouTube or email. Please visit www.horizoncharterschools.org/career-contest-rules/ for a complete list of contest rules.